Trying to move contacts from a BlackBerry to iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by greenday123, Jun 24, 2010.

1. greenday123 macrumors 6502

My mom just upgraded to the iPhone 4 today, everything is going great except for the fact we can't get her contacts on her new phone.

She was using a BlackBerry Pearl, and i would just take her old SIM card and put it in the iPhone to get the contacts, but the iPhone now uses Micro SIMs :(

Does anyone know of an easy way (without cutting up her old SIM card) to move her contacts onto her new iPhone?

2. greenday123 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to sync the contacts. What did you use for the BB? Outlook? Address Book? Anything? If none of those, try to find what software is used for the BB to sync contacts to your computer (most cell phones use something).

4. notmymac macrumors member

1) Plug in Blackberry to computer
    2) Run Blackberry desktop software
    3) Choose which software to sync contacts with (Outlook, Address Book etc...)
    4) Sync Blackberry to that software
    5) Unplug Blackberry
    6) Plug in Iphone....make sure that auto sync is turned off...
    7) On INFO tab in Itunes....check sync contacts...use same program
    8) Sync Iphone..
    9) Iphone will ask if you want to merge or replace data...select merge

Or do what one of my customers did yesterday..She said she just went to the AT&T store with both phones and they did it for her..I also beleive they are doing this at Genius Bars too...but not sure