Trying to organize iTunes for my 3G iPhone HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deadman64, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I added an entire album to my library, but in cover flow songs with more than one artist on them are coming up as a differnt album cover...how can I make it so the entire album is under one Album [they are all one album]?
    For each of the songs in the album they all have the exact same text under the album tab...

Also is there a way to add album art to a selection of songs instead of one at a time?

I'm trying to have the most album art as possible so my 3G iPhone looks as sexy as possible.

2. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Select all the songs in the album (click the top one, then hold shift and click the bottom one, alternatively hold down the apple key "cmd" and select each song individually)
    Right click and select get info
    click yes to "are you sure you want to do this for multiple items" message
    In the bottom left there is a "compilation" option, change this to "yes" and all the songs will be viewed as from one album.

For adding the same artwork to multiple items at the same time, do the exact same method as above then drag the album artwork into the artwork box. You could also use the artwork box in the main itunes window by clicking the little up arrow below your playlists. This will save having to use "get info".

3. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. Oh and when I add artwork in this method.. it WILL be visible on my future 3G iPhone right?

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

sure will and if you have the lyrics they show up on the iPhone to its very cool!

5. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

if you have a large music collection that needs organization, I would try FixTunes.
    I used it on my music collection and it worked great. It'll get all the metadata for your songs, it works pretty good but not great. There were some albums that it actually made worse, but 98% of them were improved.

6. thevibesman macrumors regular

Great suggestion on FixTunes, I was planning on just avoiding coverflow when I get an iPhone to avoid dealing with adding it--this looks great.

7. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I have a question too.

I downloaded the Graduation album on limewire and made it so that all that songs have the same album art. I then found art for individual songs and used those on about 5 or 6 songs.

Now when I am in cover flow, there is one album cover, I don't mind that but the problem is that it is the art of a particular song. I want to keep that song with that art, but I want the album to be represented by the actual artwork of the alubm. Can anyone help me out?

8. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Yeah, i got it for my iPhone that I have not yet purchased:), Album Art is very prominent on the iPhone, so it's nice to have it. 99% of my 3500 songs have album art now, after using fixtunes, which I didn't pay for by the way (torrent). I used to barely have any album art.
    It does do some quirky things sometimes though, like it didn't recognize the Beatles One album, which is sort of a compilation album, so it sorted all of the songs into the original albums that they were published on.
    also, for an album that I torrented, it added track lengths to the end of all the song names, which is very strange. But trust me, it's worth it and it works very well overall.

9. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26