Trying to play a Video TS file

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HBNC, Jul 28, 2009.

1. HBNC macrumors newbie

I am trying to view a DVD (TS file) on my PowerBook G4 - I know the computer works because I just watched others, but I have two DVDs that won't play - I am just getting a black screen with yellow and pink frames that float in the screen when I click play. Very frustrated!

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Two things: To clarify, you're trying to play directly off a DVD, not from a saved VIDEO_TS folder, correct?

And have you tried the obvious things (restarting the computer, and testing the DVDs in another player to make sure they're not just badly scratched up or something)?

Assuming the above doesn't help, start by downloading VLC, and see if it can play them. If it can, that at least narrows it down. If it won't play them (but WILL play other discs that work ok), then I have no immediate suggestions, but it sounds like the drive doesn't like the discs.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If you are playing from a saved VIDEO_TS folder, the problem is you didn't decrypt the video properly. Use MacTheRipper to get past encryptions on DVDs.