Trying to play Diablo 3 via Bootcamp on rMBP and having problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Xystence, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Xystence macrumors regular

Typically with every game I have played on a Mac, they always run better through bootcamp, which is fine. I am having issues with Diablo on bootcamp however and am wondering if anyone else has seen this happen.

When I go to start playing Diablo 3 it gives me a warning that my video drivers are out of date. I go to the Nvidia site to find they do not have any drivers besides Windows 8 beta drivers lol, and I am using Windows 7, and my drivers were installed via bootcamp.

This normally would be something I click beyond and just play anyway but when I get to the character select screen the cursor no longer moves visually, i can see my cursor actually functions because things will highlight as I move it around, but the arrow itself within the game stays static.

Has anyone else had issues playing games through bootcamp on the new rMBP's? I tried updating my drivers but windows does not like the beta drivers for my card and says they are for different hardware.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. dynafrom macrumors member

go to display, set DPI scaling to 149%.

Thank me later

3. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!

I would really like to know why that worked and what effect it had lol.

It was set at 150% before I changed it to 149% and that completely solved my problem lol.

Would you mind explaining this please?

Thank you again!

4. vampyr macrumors regular

So... how playable is Diablo 3 on your new Retina MBP??

I read that Blizzard is working on making Diablo 3 to use the retina display to its full potential in the Mac OS X... don't know how well it would run, but that game could benefit from such a high resolution because of the small detail in the game.

5. Xystence thread starter macrumors regular

Right now on Windows Diablo actually looks great and runs extremely well. I am excited to see how much better it looks once its redone for Retine on Mac OS X though.