Trying to prep. some movies for 3G iPhone...HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deadman64, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Ok I have tried handbrake and AIMERSOFT DVD ripper to try and convert my dvd into a file that will be iPhone friendly.

handbrake gives me an error when I try to use it [copy right issue].

AIMERSOFT only does like three minutes of conversion in the free version.

is there any free software anyone knows of that will do this for me?? I own the DVD's so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to put a copy onto a portable device.

I'm on a PC btw. thanks for reading.

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

AnyDVD is the only good program for Windows. It actually is the best program ever for stripping copyright from DVD's. I think you get a 30 day trial.

It basically strips the copyright when you insert the disc, so you shouldn't even know it is there. Then use Handbrake.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I use DVD43 to get around the copyright issues when trying to use handbrake.

4. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok so i have dvd 43 running [its green...and happy] and i put my DVD in. but what do i select for the source in handbrake?? like I can't just select the whole DVD...it actually opens the dvd and shows all the files....?

I can only select one of the three folders on the DVD? theres a folder for video, audio, and jacket [?], how do i get it to convert everything together??

5. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

what is the best for avi's? or xvids?

I tried a few programs for my touch about 6 months ago. it took more time than it was worth so
    I just stuck to free the free stuff on itunes and video podcasts. perhaps there might be some hope with the app store, with a vlc app or some kind of streaming/slingbox type app.

however my last few hours using the touch will be waiting in line for my 3g. I would like to watch some vids to pass the time.