Trying to record iphone screen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by juliancs, May 25, 2011.

1. juliancs macrumors 6502

Hi folks,

I'd appreciate some patience with this, as I'm quite new to the idea of jailbreaking. I am trying to create a showreel of some of the games I have scored, and would like to record the screen of my iphone playing those games. Rather than filming the iphone, I'm told I can use a jailbroken iphone and some apps to get a capture to the computer.
    I am trying to figure out how to jailbreak and am on http://blog.iphone-dev.org. but have no idea what I need, what anything is (don't understand the terminology) so am pretty lost there. I went to jailbreakme.com and it says I can't jailbreak at 4.3.3, but from a quick look at this forum it seems I can.
    From what I can understand I just need to get 'redsnow', yet none of the links on the blog work.

I don't mind jailbreaking (if I can ever figure this out), but I suppose I'm also asking if there is another way to record the screen? Ive looked around the net and have only found solutions on jailbroken phones.

Thanks

2. iLoyal macrumors regular

What device do you have? Ummm... I know taking a screenshot is home+power; not sure about recording.

3. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Display Recorder

Check out iClarified's Tutorials on jailbreaking. Once you've finished jailbreaking and finished getting Cydia setup, search for Display Recorder within Cydia. It's a $4.99 app that'll do exactly what you're looking for.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

A quick Google search would have answered your question.

And a piece of advice often given on this forum, if you don't understand how to Jailbreak, DON'T.

5. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

This
    Not this....no disrespect to you kuebby. I just believe that all you have to do is read carefully and then learn thru experience. At one point or another none of us non-developers knew anything about jailbraking. I was one of them, asking how to jb and unlock.

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

None taken. And I really meant what you said, I just said it a bit more bluntly and less clearly.

Jailbreaking really isn't difficult and if you're not trying to unlock your phone it's basically impossible to do any irreparable damage (i.e. brick your phone). Just read through some instructions (I used the 3rd link down in that Google search) and make sure you understand the steps you have to take and it's basically foolproof.

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I don't think there is much harm at all with just jailbreaking, it is with unlocking where you really need to know what you are doing as then you can really screw things up.

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I agree :)