Trying to record PS3 footage on Intel Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sworks11, Jan 3, 2009.

1. sworks11 macrumors newbie

I recently got a new Macbook Pro, and I am trying to record some gameplay footage of my online adventures in PS3 games to share with friends. I would like to record in preferably HD 720p if possible, but Standard Defintion would be acceptable only if I can play the game in HD on my Television while it recorded in SD. My TV does not have any outputs, only input connections for component, composite, and HDMI.

I've done a lot of researching on the internet, and the closest thing I found to what I was looking for was the Hava HD Wireless. http://www.myhava.com/product_hava_wireless_hd.html. The problem is that it doesn't seem to say anywhere that it will work with a Mac. I was wondering if there is any Mac solution to my problem.

2. dayneoram macrumors member

I would also like to know the same, however - after some more internet research i found that it seems the only way you can use HAVA with a mac (if it doesnt work already) is with VM ware...

i'd recommend getting that and VM ware, and if it doesnt work, use boot camp to install windows on your mac
    :apple: = :)

3. robj macrumors regular

Another option would be use a kind of capture software for Mac, like "Elgato Video Capture".

Using this, I made some gamecube records a little time ago.

I'm not sure if there is any HD Video capture device & software which works on Mac.

4. turbobass macrumors 6502

I would not use VM software to encode streaming video especially on a MacBook. Facepalm.