Trying To Reinstall Leopard But...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nrus007, Jul 26, 2009.

1. nrus007 macrumors newbie

I am trying to reinstall Leopard because as of the 10.5.6 update I am having wifi problems. However when I try to reinstall Leopard from the install disc that came with my macbook it installs Leopard fine but it also installs the 10.5.6 update which I do not want. I have also tried to zero out the data on the disc and this did not work. I just want to install 10.5.0 with no updates whatsoever, so how would I be able to do this?

Many Thanks

nrus007

2. filman408 macrumors regular

You could have a 10.5.6 retail disk or your Mac could have shipped with 10.5.6

3. nrus007 thread starter macrumors newbie

I purchased it in april so could this be possible? If so how can I downgrade to 10.5.5?

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Yes, the restore discs that come with the new Mac will be the current system at that time. That's why you are at 10.5.6 after a reinstall. The only way you're going to get to 10.5.0 is to get a retail copy of Leopard that is from when it was originally released. I would look to EBay to find such a disc, or maybe a friend or family member. It will need to be a retail version as the gray restore discs are machine specific.