Trying to reinstall OS

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bcdrummin, Mar 7, 2013.

1. bcdrummin macrumors newbie

Hey all.
    I have a 13" white Macbook 1.83 core duo that I bought in 2007. The original hard drive crashed so I replaced it. I put in the original start up disk (10.4) and formatted the hard drive but when I went to install the OS I got a message telling me that the computer couldn't complete installation because the disk is damaged. *Ugh* I did some research and read somewhere that I can use the Leopard disk to install the OS. That is not working. *Double Ugh* As a matter of fact when I try to boot from the leopard disk the computer just spits it out. *Argh* Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Call Apple and order replacement disks.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sounds like you do have faulty media, but before you shell out, try the disk in another Mac and see if it's readable.

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I've had this, but the Leopard disc was fine, I cloned it to a USB drive which was successful, and booted the installer from the USB and installed from there.

5. bcdrummin thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool. I've considered all of the suggestions made but I just wanted to make sure before I returned the new hard drive or shelled out some more cash for replacement disks. I've done that before and it's not cheap.

Many thanks to all of you.