Trying to reserve 4s for Apple retail store pickup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koigirl, Oct 23, 2011.

1. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Wow. I've been trying to reserve a white 32GB ATT iphone 4s for almost a week straight on Apple website every night at 9:00 PM with no success. I keep trying to load reservation page; first it won't load for 10-15 minutes of failed attempts and then when it finally loads, it shows only 64GB models available for my area stores. I'm in Raleigh, NC, and would be willing to go to either Apple store in my area although one store is considerably further away. Any tips on successfully getting through to preorder page at 9:00 PM would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if most stores are getting adequate stock each night? Is there a better night of the week or time to attempt to order the phone? I was willing to pay the $250 upgrade fee to go ahead and get a phone in October but now I'm thinking I'll just put it off to my early December upgrade date, save the $250, and hope there will be adequate stock available at that point!:confused:

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

It takes several minutes for the servers to update themselves after 9:00pm local time. I finally got my reservation in around 9:45pm. Granted, all of the 16GB models were taken. You just kind of have to keep trying or try your luck by going into a store without a reservation.

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I tried several times on Friday night using Safari and it failed. I switch to Firefox and it worked the first time.

Looking at my nice 64GB White iPhone 4S.:D

4. koigirl thread starter macrumors 6502a

koigirl

So if they don't show any 32GB ATT white available, there is still a possibility of walking in and getting one without a reservation the next day? I will try both Chrome and Firefox rather than Safari and see if either makes a difference tomorrow night. I expected it to be busy on Friday and Saturday nights but I've been trying since last Monday with no luck!:)

----------

If I had the $$$ for the 64GB, I could have bought one almost every night! :eek:

5. MayBee macrumors 6502

I remember last Monday...I called apple store and they said they had some 16GB in stock..when I got there, it was sold out :(. They told me to check every morning as they get new shipment pretty much everyday I guess.... Unfortunately, they won't reserve it. Also, the employee told me that they open at 8am even though they never advertised.. The 16GB was the hot item...32/64 were available...

I went home and decided to check online for other electronic store and found a 16GB available at fry's electronic and I got the last one. I'm glad that I didn't have to wait...

If I were you, just wait until December for your upgrade to save $250. You can use that money to buy accessories, extended warranty, etc.