iPhone Trying to restore to 6.1.2 in DFU mode - Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbplayer5, Jun 26, 2013.

1. bbplayer5, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013

bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Verizon iPhone 5 - DFU mode, trying to restore the phone to sell it. I am getting the error "iPhone not eligible for this firmware" or something like that. I have tried the CDMA + GSM version, as well as the CDMA version and it still gives the same error.

Any suggestions or a link to a firmware that may work, that is able to be jailbroken?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have already edited the HOST file to remove the apple line, and its still doing the same thing.

2. NEvolution macrumors regular

If you're going to DFU restore the phone then it will definitely restore to 6.1.4, no alternative.

Otherwise, have you taken a look at the Semi-Restore tool?

3. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Well I want to stay on 6.1.2, since you can jailbreak it. Im selling the phone so I'd like to get the most money I can. I have tried 2 computers, and I get the same error "Device isn't eligible for requested build". The phone is currently on 6.1.2, and I am using the proper 6.1.2 IPSW file.

Not sure what I can do from here. I am even using a computer that has never had tiny umbrella on it, so the HOSTS file is not the issue.

----------

Oh I did not know of this semi-restore thing. I will try it, thank you!

This pretty much puts my phone in a state to be safely sold?

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Trying to restore to 6.1.2 in DFU mode - Help

The reason you get that error is because you can only restore to currently signed firmware. 6.1.4 is the only one being signed for the iPhone 5 and 6.1.3 for other devices. If you restore, 6.1.2 is not an option. The semi restore tool or iLex RAT might help you avoid a restore.

5. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Well i ran it, but its not getting rid of certain cydia apps like bytafont, winterboard, etc.

6. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Bytafont needs to have the original font installed before you uninstall it.

Uninstall winterboard.

Then run iLex RAT and choose option 12.

Sell the phone.