Trying to scroll in one direction while phone is stills scrolling in the opposite

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kiensoy, Dec 1, 2014.

1. kiensoy macrumors newbie

Hello,

I didn't know if I should post this here or in the iOS 8 forum. Since this iPhone 6 is my second iPhone after the first generation one I'm a little rusty in regards to iOS updates, so dunno if this was present in iOS 7 or 6.

Anyways, I want to ask about this thing that is driving me insane since I got my iPhone 6.

When I launch the multitask menu and I'm scrolling between my apps, it is IMPOSSIBLE to swipe up to close one until the phone has come to a full stop in the horizontal scrolling of the apps. If I try to do it I just keep adding some more movement to the horizontal scroll.

Same thing in the home screen. If I'm scrolling between home screens and I try to swipe down to bring up Spotlight I can't do it. It will just keep moving me between home screens.

Has anybody experienced the same?

2. kiensoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Same when scrolling through an App's screenshots and trying to scroll down to see more info. :mad:

3. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Its correct, It's designed that way. You can easily move between apps without accidentally closing them.

You can move your finger freely. The only way to close an app is to swipe directly up.

iOS knows when you want to get rid of an app

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

As "nouveau-apple" stated, it is by design, to prevent accidental actions.

To prevent opening spolight when you want to scroll through pages.

To prevent closing apps by mistake when scrolling through them.

And to prevent scrolling down in the App store when you want to scroll through screenshots.

Of course, in your case it's the opposite of what you want it to do, but it has to work one way or the other, and I think Apple made the right decision on this one.