Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jujuju26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Ok so here is the deal. I am trying to sell my iphone but i need to know what i must do exactly. Does Apple register the phone itself or only the sim card?? If it is the sim card then should i buy a blank at&t sim card a put it in there?? How can i clear the phone and leave it like new for the purchaser without leaving them problems??

Please. Need help. Want to sell ASAP before it starts to "get old" with the public. Thanks!

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
Ok so here is the deal. I am trying to sell my iphone but i need to know what i must do exactly. Does Apple register the phone itself or only the sim card?? If it is the sim card then should i buy a blank at&t sim card a put it in there?? How can i clear the phone and leave it like new for the purchaser without leaving them problems??

Please. Need help. Want to sell ASAP before it starts to "get old" with the public. Thanks!

You're in luck. I did this very thing today. Here's what I did...

1. Went to Best Buy and bought a $10 GoPhone.

2. Went home and put the SIM card from my iPhone into the GoPhone...It worked right away.

3. Called AT&T and explained to them that I am now using a GoPhone, and they changed my account accordingly, kept the text messaging but removed the Data plan.

4. Went into the iPhone settings and Cleared and Restored, plugged it into the computer and did a full restore just for good measure, etc.

Put iPhone on Ebay. Now using horrible GoPhone, but hey, it only has to get me through another month or so until the next iPhone comes out.

Good luck.

jujuju26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2008
2. Went home and put the SIM card from my iPhone into the GoPhone...It worked right away.

Good luck.

So basically i dont plan on using at&t. So what i can do i just restore the phone to its regular settings and buy it a un activated at&t sim card? That way its alot easier and i could add a couple bucks to the price. :). But as for the $10 gophone, very smart thinking!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.