Trying to set up WI-FI printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bigjnyc, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I got a HP Photosmart C4380 all-in-one wi-fi printer and i want to set it up on my wireless network. so i plugged it in to my MBP via USB and ran the HP setup assistant that came with the printer.

at the first step it recognized my printer as being connected via USB
    the next step when its supposed to detect your wireless network i get this message that says your printer is not connected to the computer, please connect via USB to save settings.
    Clearly the printer is connected since it even comes up on the list when I go to printers&fax in preferences. Is there any other way to hook up this printer to my wi-fi? I have a time capsule but i dont wan to run it via USB through the time capsule as that defeats the purpose of buying a printer that has its own wi-fi.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

It could very well be the HP Printer doesn't have 802.11n. If that's the case your Time Capsule won't see it unless you have the TC set to 802.11 a/b/g

3. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I have it set to a/b/g because i connect with my iphone, and my PS3

4. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Could of bought less expensive, non-wifi printer and hooked up to TC. Not helpful, I know, but the AEBS is very effective for wireless printing.

5. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I got it for free with that offer Apple was running last summer, I just hadn't taken it out of the box yet. It doesn't get any less expensive than that lol

6. xmax21 macrumors newbie

xmax21

I'm having the same issue...has anyone found a solution to this?????