Trying to solve Home and Lock Screen battery hogging

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by eric3312, May 12, 2015.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I see that the biggest battery killer for my phone is the "Home and Lock Screen"

My screen lights up quite a bit and it's mainly because of notifications for my work Exchange account. I do like getting instant "push" updates because in the world of IT (my line of work) i really need that.

However, I'd be willing to settle for just a sound (or vibrate if on silent mode) to stop the screen from lighting up every time. Is this possible?

Maybe JUST have sounds when a new message comes in, but nothing in Notification Center or lock screen. Just a sound basically telling me I need to go into my mail app.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

2. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Just go to settings, then notifications, scroll down to your email and from there you can choose which way your email account notifications work.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

^^ Change the "show on lock screen" setting for each individual email account to only turn on the screen for either specific accounts or for just your VIP list.

4. eric3312 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you both for the replies. I'm assuming if I turned off both "show in Notification Center" and "show on lock screen" it would just play a noise...
    Never mind. I apologize for the dumb question. I misunderstood the way iOS notifications work.

I apologize...thanks to you both for the replies

5. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

There are no stupid questions mate. Everyone has to learn the ins and outs of stuff.