Trying to solve problem with Macbook Superdrive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ricgnzlzcr, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

So I've got a 2.0 C2D Macbook (second generation) that recently started having superdrive problems.

I popped in a cd and it started making weird noises. After I ejected it, the drive started making repeated noises like it was trying to keep ejecting it. Now whenever I wake up the macbook from its sleep or hit the eject button it tries to eject three times and then stops working.

The "About this mac" screen and Disk Utility still recognize it. Does anyone have similar experience or suggest a fix?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea.. take it to the Apple Store. We can't help you fix hardware issues. Other than buying new parts and doing self-repair.

3. ricgnzlzcr thread starter macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I don't have Apple Care. What do you think the cost would be to fix a superdrive?

4. Jookbox macrumors 6502

i recently had a problem with my superdrive not reading discs and automatically ejecting. i used to smoke all kinds of stuff in front of my computer :eek:. anyway, i blasted compressed air into the drive and now it works like new :eek:. might be worth a try, or get one of those dvd cleaning discs.