Trying to sync calendar on 2nd gen iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rlplant, Jan 10, 2012.

1. rlplant macrumors newbie

I have an iPad2 and two Macs whose calendars are synced through an iCloud account. I’d also like to sync that calendar with my second generation non-iCloud-compatible iPod touch, but I can’t seem to get that to work. It looks like my iPod touch will only sync to the “On My Mac” calendars, and the cloud calendars have to sync with a calendar from the me.com account, and these two calendars don’t talk to each other. Is there any way to get all these devices to sync?

2. unixperience macrumors regular

i truly have no idea how to do this. BUT what you can do is export your icloud calendar, and drag it to your ipod. If you look at your ipod (enable hidden folder view, open terminal type "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE; killall Finder"
    without the quotes, and hit enter.

navigate to your ipod through the finder... i dont remember the exact file hierarchy... but somewhere there is a folder called calendars, just put the exported file in this folder and it will show up on your ipod.... it isn't automated but it will work. if you make appointments on your ipod simply go to the same calendar folder, and simply double click the . file, and ical will ask you where you want to put the folder, and it will add any new events you've made.... it MAY also delete appointments (going by whatever modification was made latest) I can't test the deleting. But I know that it will add new appointments for sure.

like i said its not automated... maybe someone can write a script.. but it will work.

o yeah if you want to make hidden folders hidden again, simply enter that same line as above but change the TRUE to FALSE and they will be gone