Trying to trade in my iphone 3G. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jul 19, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Any recommendations on where I should trade in my 3G?

2. The Governor macrumors regular

There are plenty of sites that does trade ins for cash: I haven't used any of them before...

http://www.gazelle.com/iPhone
    http://www.cashforiphones.com/
    http://www.nextworth.com/#/tab_page_column_features=0/

etc.. (there are a lot)

But depending on the condition of your phone, you'll probably make more if you sold it on CL or eBay.

Other stores, like BestBuy, RadioShack, and Sprint all have a similar trade in options, but again, you will more than likely get more if you sold it on your own.

When I picked up my Evo from Sprint, they were offering me $125 for my 3g 16gb (which had a cracked screen), but I decided to throw it up on eBay and ended up getting $162 for it. They were also offering me $165 for my 16gb 3gs, but that is also currently on CL and eBay.

3. ccross macrumors newbie

if its 3.1.2 unlock/jailbreak that **************** then sell it on eBay, you'll make a cool $175+

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Radioshack was offering me $150 for my 3G, didn't take it cause I decided to use it as an iPod touch.

5. Fisher624 macrumors regular

I sold my 8 gb 3G non JB, on eBay last week. Started auction at $.99 with a $200 buy it now. Sold it for the two hundred with a day to go on the auction.

6. tecbabe macrumors newbie

Trading in iPhone - Don't use Nextworth

Got a quote from them to say my phone was worht $105, so I sent the phone in the original box with the manual, unused earbuds, charger and charging unit. They sent me an email saying that the wireless on the iphone is not working, (strange that it was functioning the day I wiped it out to send it to them), they offered me $42.00 for it. I said no, and asked them to send it back to me. I finally received the item this past weekend, with none of the accessories or box. I contacted customer service, they informated me that the accessories do not determind the price of the iphone so therefore are expendable. I informed them that it is clearly stated in their communication to include all accessories with the phone, if any are missing it would affect the pricing of the item. I received an email today from them that they will send replacements but it will not be what was sent. They are scammers, do not use them. I will post the condition of the replacement accessories when I receive them. It seems this is Nextworth way of doing business and I wouldn't trust them as far as you can throw them.

7. xenuprime macrumors 6502

You really should file a coplaint with the state AG office and the BBB. It could help put these scum bags out of business.