Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I would think that there is a good chance that they will offer auto pay, just like with a phone (or most other) bill.

I much prefer to push automatic payments from my bank than let the payee pull them.

Either way though, no hassles. As mentioned, just one more bill is nothing in the grown up world. :D

wpalomine

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
It isn't only interest, but the present value of future payments. In 2 years, the dollar won't be worth as much as it is today. You'll have paid with more expensive dollars than this guy who financed at zero percent.

Exactly! If a person does not mind a ping on their credit, which could possible affect their FICO score, why not.

If I were to take advantage of the 0%, I would setup 24 payments scheduled payment as soon as I unpack the ipad.

Thepoobear

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2013
I sold my ipad 3 and plan to take this offer in order to free up some money. I'll make payments till the next iPad comes out, sell this one to more than cover what I owe, then start the whole process over again.

The most the down payment is supposed to be is $100. Seeing as I just bought a new car a couple months back, I'll probably have to pay the down payment. Not bad considering my ipad 3 sold for enogh to cover this plus 6 months of payments.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I'm a CPA. I don't recommend these interest free offers usually because in general, people aren't disciplined enough and get in trouble. Stuff happens later. Then they're in trouble because they still owe all these interest free loans that they thought were such a good idea months ago.

Notice I said in general (not necessarily anyone in this thread). But consider that half of all individual taxpayers make under 30k and tend to live paycheck to paycheck, and also probably tend to be the ones most excited about being able to buy an ipad with an interest free loan.

Last edited:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I much prefer to push automatic payments from my bank than let the payee pull them.

Either way though, no hassles. As mentioned, just one more bill is nothing in the grown up world. :D

I agree with you. AT&T decided to debit my Uverse payment three times this month. I got the money back....3 days later. :cool:

csrini1

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Do we have a clear picture yet of this 200mb free stuff?? I don't have any account what-so-ever with t-mobile. If i buy a t-mobile ipad from apple store tomorrow, will i get 200mb free data, If yes what are the steps to get it??

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Do we have a clear picture yet of this 200mb free stuff?? I don't have any account what-so-ever with t-mobile. If i buy a t-mobile ipad from apple store tomorrow, will i get 200mb free data, If yes what are the steps to get it??

T-Mobile said:
...You will need a Tmo SIM in the device (*comes with) and there will be an on screen prompt to set up an account with us. Once set up you will get 200MB of data for free monthly. There are also going to be data passes available so that if you go heavy on month you can ramp it up quickly. This all goes live on November 1, so there will be a lot more information for you guys to take a look at...

Your T-Mobile Air will come with a SIM.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I sold my ipad 3 and plan to take this offer in order to free up some money. I'll make payments till the next iPad comes out, sell this one to more than cover what I owe, then start the whole process over again.

The most the down payment is supposed to be is $100. Seeing as I just bought a new car a couple months back, I'll probably have to pay the down payment. Not bad considering my ipad 3 sold for enogh to cover this plus 6 months of payments.

It could be as high as half.

dtlee1974

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
It isn't only interest, but the present value of future payments. In 2 years, the dollar won't be worth as much as it is today. You'll have paid with more expensive dollars than this guy who financed at zero percent.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. This is why if you have large student loans and locked them in at under 3% (as you could in the summer of 2011) your smartest play is to pay them off as *slowly* as they will allow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.