Trying to Unjailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cameronfree, Jun 16, 2010.

1. cameronfree macrumors member

I've erased all files, prefs, etc from my phone and restored.

However, there are still remnants from the jailbreak. (ie, percentage of battery left and Make it Mine carrier name change)

A. How do I remove these leftover files?
    B. My main concern is not wanting to pollute my iPhone 4 when I get it next week. Do you think a that once I update my OS, these files will be left behind cause the jailbreak wont even be compatible?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Restore, choose set up as new.

3. cameronfree thread starter macrumors member

That's not really an option if I want to keep everything...

4. No ice please macrumors 6502

Well you might have to re-jailbreak and make it the default settings.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I've had the same problem in the past and had to re-jb, change or delete those settings and then restore from backup. Even so, there will still be jb remnants in your backup but it's never really caused any big problems for me (knocking on wood). It would be nice if there was a way to remove all jb remnants from our backups so that we can restore from a nice, clean backup but I just don't think it's possible. I agree that setting up as new is not really an ideal option but I guess you have to decide what's really important to you. For me, restoring from backup is the easiest way to do it without losing certain data and settings. That's what I'm planning to do with my iphone 4 when it comes next week.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

rejailbreak a install uninstal MIM & percentage of battery left and any other programs and hope for the best or restore as new! MIM is a tough guy I delt with that one before. you are better off to uninstall cydia programs then restore official firmware or unjailbreak unless you are restoring as new! ;)

7. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

The only remains I've found from unjailbreaking are the two things you described: MakeItMine names and battery percentage. I was jailbroken on 2.whatever when 3.0 came out. I upgraded to 3.0 on my 3G and it kept my MakeItMine name and it had the apple battery number displayed, even though it's not even an option on the 3G. I had to wait until I could jailbreak it again to change those, because I wanted to restore from my backup instead of setting up as a new phone. I'm sorry, but I think you either have to re-jailbreak it and change it, or start fresh.

8. cameronfree thread starter macrumors member

9. OneEyedSpaniel macrumors newbie

OneEyedSpaniel

Need Help

I Jailbroke my fiances iPhone 3GS a while ago...Since then we have just restored from back up to "clean" the jail break off. Here's my question, her screen was always freezing up and not recgonizing when its being touched. I set up and appointment with apple to have the phone checked out. I know they plug the phones in, are they going to be able to tell the phone was Jailbroken...Just hoping not to get dragged out of the Apple store in cuffs by the FCC ;)