Trying to unlock looking for help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Engage, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Engage macrumors newbie

Hi, I purchased an iphone the other day from ebay and I got an orange i-smartphone sim adapter with it, which they claimed would unlock it. However, I tried to do what they said, just plugging it in but it doesnt work. It says no sim. Eventually it says 'searching' but it never gets to a point where it recognizes my carrier - tmobile. I was frustrated so I tried 'reinstalling' firmware 2.1 (it was 2.1 when it came), but nothing is happening. (was this a bad thing to do?). I did not jailbreak the phone or anything - would this be necessary to do this? In addition, i have seen videos online where people go to 'APN' settings, which is an option that I cannot see in the network settings. Can someone help me please? I honestly am not sure what I should be doing because there aren't any clear instructions on the i-smartphone website.

Thank you very much for any help!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Download PwnageTool, get the bootloaders, get 2.2. Go from there.

Or just get QuickPwn.

3. Engage thread starter macrumors newbie

So you are saying I will have to do the quickpwn to get it to work? So it is not as easy as slipping in the adapter?

EDIT: also what is bootloaders and what will it do? What will the quickpwn do?

Thank you for the quick reply!

4. Engage thread starter macrumors newbie

So those sim cards are not plug and play type of deals? I ordered a gevey 3g sim the other day from ebay for like 10 bucks, we will see how it works. I have heard that you can just put it in and it works, is this true? Or will I need to do something else?

Thank you