Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lansa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
So, I have an old 3G (3.1.3) that I just jailbroke with jailbreakme. I then proceeded to install ultrasn0w thru cydia. After rebooting, I try to go into cydia and immediately get kicked out, just crashes back to homescreen. I did save my SHSH before I did the unlock.

My question is, is it possible to restore to 4.01 in iTunes? I tried doing it but kept getting error 3002. I have Tinyumbrella running, but it only shows iphone 3G with 4.xx firmwares. Anyone can help me with what I need to do to restore to 4.01 if possible?

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
So, I have an old 3G (3.1.3) that I just jailbroke with jailbreakme. I then proceeded to install ultrasn0w thru cydia. After rebooting, I try to go into cydia and immediately get kicked out, just crashes back to homescreen. I did save my SHSH before I did the unlock.

My question is, is it possible to restore to 4.01 in iTunes? I tried doing it but kept getting error 3002. I have Tinyumbrella running, but it only shows iphone 3G with 4.xx firmwares. Anyone can help me with what I need to do to restore to 4.01 if possible?

Hashes are needed for 4.x.x firmware but not needed for 3.x.x firmware on 3G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.