Trying to use two Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by richbeaudoin, May 31, 2010.

1. richbeaudoin macrumors newbie

I have two airport express base stations. One upstairs connected to my dsl router and I can see the status of that one in the airport utility. I plugged the printer and speakers into another downstairs and plugged it in the wall but now I have a blinking orange light. I have no idea what my next step is. I have an iMac and two MacBooks that all share the connection. Thanks for the help.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The second one needs to be set up so that it joins your current network. I advise doing with by plugging in an Ethernet cable between it and one of your Macs and setting it up that way.

3. richbeaudoin thread starter macrumors newbie

so i feel completely lost when it comes to this. I have an ethernet cable going from the second (new) base station and into my imac. i have a blinking orange light. It won't pop up in airport utility. I again have no idea what to do

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have to turn off your wireless card on your iMac for it to show up. If the wireless card is turned off and still not showing up restart the 2nd Airport Express by unplugging it then plugging it back in.

5. richbeaudoin thread starter macrumors newbie

i have no idea what i am doing. I appreciate your help. Could you tell me how i configure the second one to join the current network?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Here is how you should setup your second Airport Express. Just follow the red text in the pictures and make sure everything looks the same for the selected windows. The other stuff that I don't cover you don't have to worry about.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      233.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      202.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg