Trying to watch apple's tutorial videos?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shellseeker, Oct 18, 2007.

1. shellseeker macrumors newbie

I am not sure what setting I may need to adjust in order to watch the Tutorials on Apple.com. I have not had a response from Apple about my problem so I thought I would check in here.

I start watching the video on a topic and then it just stops and pauses. It's wierd. Without sounding too dumb I will try to explain what I see.

The horizontal bar that moves from left to right accross the bottom of the video screen moves right along and I am watching the video. Then the little round ball to the left of the bar catches up to the bar and the video stops. Then the bar has to move away from the little ball enough and the video starts again.

So it's very annoying pauses of stop and start, stop and start. This happens on any Apple.com video tutorial.

Do I need to make some sort of "video watching adjustment" on my MacBook? It only happens on the apple site. I was watching an iWeb video tutorial on YouTube and it was fine.

Maybe someone would like to hop over to

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/ and see if the videos work right for you.

I appreciate any input on this.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

The ball is where you are in the video. The bar is the amount of the video that has been downloaded. Your internet connection is not fast enough to keep up with the player, so the video has to stop until more is downloaded.

Press pause on the player and allow the whole video to load before playing (let the whole bar fill in). Choosing a smaller video size will help. Best wishes.

3. shellseeker thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I knew it had to be something simple that I could do to make it work right. Actually my internet conncection is pretty fast but not like cable. Which we don't have out here. So I use Verizon Broadband. Somedays it's better than others.