Trypophobia ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Symtex, Mar 12, 2015.

1. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Funny. I'd imagine the iPhone 5c cases aren't too popular with these people.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

the images that show up if you google image search it do make my skin itch or crawl a little but not a "fear". The Apple watch in no way makes me feel the same way because it reminds me of bubbles not holes.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

4. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Is this a thing where people on Twitter found a funny sounding phobia and reference it for lolz, or are these people serious? It's hard to know sometimes.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Google Image search Trypophobia. If your skin has no reaction you don't even have the slightest phobia. For me It's not pleasant to look at and makes my skin itch a little but nothing drastic.

6. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Actually, you really probably shouldn't.

I'd never heard of this until I read about it in the Apple Watch context. I have no problem with the Apple Watch display. I have a huge problem with gross images that people use to illustrate trypophobia.

I'm hoping my brain doesn't start conflating the two and I end up some nut job who takes a claw hammer to his shiny new Apple Watch.

7. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'm not asking if it's a real phobia. I'm wondering if people with it are triggered by things like the Apple Watch or 5c case.

It looks similar to someone tweeting that they're so OCD because their bookshelf is sorted alphabetically or something innocuous, to the point of being offensive. But I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

From a quick wiki I read that the holes need to be irregular to trigger the reaction. the 5C and Apple watch are all symmetrical circles.

9. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

Instead of posting silly tweets like "I can't look at/use X because of my Y", how about people get some psychiatric therapy for their irrational phobias?

Just a thought. They'd live happier lives if they could get over their ridiculous fears, but chances are at least half of these people are just trolling for attention anyway...

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

"It is not recognized as a condition in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) or other scientific literature" -Wiki

11. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Exactly. What a load of BS. :rolleyes:

12. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

chances are at least half of these people are just trolling for attention anyway... -Me

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Probably. With every new product Apple releases comes the masses trying to knock it off its pedestal

14. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Whether it's a legitimate phobia or not, I "have" it. And the watch did make me a little uncomfortable at first, but I've grown used to it because for me personally it's more about clusters of holes than it is just the pattern. Whether that's officially typophobia or not I'm not sure, but that's just me.