Tshirts for my company?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hold, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hold macrumors regular

As part of the marketing for my company, I want to produce t shirts with the company logo and some graphics. Also, I want to sell them as merchandise on my website.

I am new to this and don't know where to start. I tried a few local shops for samples but the quality of the tshirt and the print was ****!

I want high quality that will last.

Are there any company's in the usa or even china that I could work with?

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, I was about to recommend that you start with the matter of the quality of the cotton used. So many companies use ghastly material, cheap, flimsy and see-through cotton, addicted as always to the bottom line of pure profit. What does offering a poor quality t-shirt say about your standards, your products and your attitude to your clients and customers? Even as a gift, if it is a dismal offering, frankly, it is a poor (and poorly thought out) gift.

These days, I never buy branded - or logo-ed - t-shirts from any company (nor do I accept them as gifts) simply because the quality of the cotton is so poor, and I refuse to wear such poor quality offerings.

For my own wearing, I buy organic, ethically sourced t-shirts. Here, the quality of the cotton is usually very good. However, there is one drawback if you are running a commercial business and this is that such t-shirts do not come cheap. One of the British companies I use is called 'Greenfibres', but I'd recommend that you seek out ethically sourced (and therefore good quality, and long wearing) cotton.

Good luck with the project.

3. firedept, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

1. Good quality cotton shirts. Shop will be able to show you samples.

2. Consider embroidered logo instead of screen printed logo. Good embroideed logo will last, whereas a screen printed logo will eventually crack and fade.

3. Most companies who do this kind of work will be able to provide you with samples of their work. You will most certainly notice good quality from bad right away.

4. An EPS file of your logo, which the company doing the work will require. It is needed so they can figure out stitch count and set up their stitching machines to do the job for you. As well to pick thread colours. Plus give you cost per item.

5. A good shop will provide you with a sample of your logo embroidered onto a piece of the material used for the shirt before they begin the job for you.

6. If you do not have the program to provide an EPS file for them, depending on the quantity of shirts, they will either charge you to do it (small quantity) or tell them you want it waived as you are doing a large quantity.

Expect to pay a higher price for good quality. In the end you will not regret it. I have had thousands of t-shirts and other apparel done over the last 10 years for a football organization I volunteer for and embroidered is the only way to go.

Sorry I can not recommend a shop where to do this as I am in Canada, but you should have no problem finding one in you local area. Do it locally, that way you can at least see the product before they start. Just my advice, as I have seen the results of no sample before purchasing.

Good luck.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Forget t-shirts, go with a nice polo with embroidery.

5. Hold thread starter macrumors regular

Where would I get quality t shirts and where can I get them done?

6. eric/ Guest

eric/

I recommend this