TU 5.10.12 BBTickets

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TriJetHero, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Semaphore just released TinyUmbrella 5.10.12 which also saves your BaseBandTickets for IP4+IP4CDMA,4S

Anybody know why yet?

From the blogspot:
    "I'm pushing 5.10.12 for iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, and iPhone 4 CDMA users with functionality to save BBTickets for use later on"

From Twitter:
    "semaphore @notcom
    iPad baseband models' support coming today for BBTicket saving! Just wanted to make sure the iPhone support worked out. :)"

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you mean why is saving the BBtickets?

They may be required to upgrade/downgrade the BB and even maybe authenticate the firmware if an exploit is found and it is exploitable.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Notcom is hoping that one day we can upgrade or downgrade bb just like shsh blobs do. he has been working hard on on it for at least a year. Of course like everything else no ETA or nothing for sure it will work.

4. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

I suspect that it has something to do with this ability to downgrade IOS on an A5 chip. He is adding ipad BBticket support and as far as I know all ipads come unlocked so there shouldnt be any reason to downgrade the BB on an ipad as far as an unlock goes. Only reason left that I can think of, is there is something in certain BBs that might help downgrades?

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

He specifically mentions iPhone 4, iPhone 4 CDMA, and iPhone 4S... nothing about iPad. Japanese iPads come locked anyway so there would be some merit to saving those bbtickets.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

In the OP you can see him being quoted mentioning support coming for saving the BBTicket for iPads.

7. TriJetHero thread starter macrumors 601

TriJetHero

He does mention iPad in his twitter, i think it has to do with downgrades.
    TinyPWN for iPad2 GSM downgrades was unable to downgrade the BB.