Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manj27

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
London
TUAW reports an Australian Apple re-seller has a Leopard Launch Party on 20th October 2007 - after 7pm and "due to an Apple Embargo" the Leopard OS will be available to buy.

Link to Story (click apple sign) -> :apple:

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
What's 6 days difference after so many months waiting anyway?

Don't wish the days away.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
From: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=839692&p=1
"here is a sneak peak of our leopard party page - dates mean nothing of course!"
Sorry, but another false alarm.

Ya it looks like Frequency just put up an arbitrary date to fill in space.The vendor himself said that.

Apple's site had a 26th date up for a few minutes so I'll go with that one even though at one time I thought it would be the 19th ( 20th in Sydney )

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I don't think it's happening the 20th. that only gives them 6 days to declare a GM and get all of the disks duplicated, I don't think that that is able to happen. I'm guessing developers get one last seed of the GM today or tomarow, followed by an announcement of two weeks until it ships coming on Tuesday with it shipping Tuesday the 30th.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i hope it doesn't come out on a monday, tuesday, Wednesday or Friday. I hope it comes out on a Thursday or a weekend so i can attend the party at the apple store ;)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
apprently so, someone posted a link in on of the threads and i happened to read it before it was reported and subsequently deleted. I'm sure if you google you can find more.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Just an FYI, this has been debunked.

The Unofficial Apple Weblog said:
Update 1pm: Um, perhaps not. As our commenters note, a post on these forums from one of the Frequency guys says this page is simply a mockup -- so far, "no date as yet," and the dates on the page "mean nothing." (Note to Frequency: When mocking up announcement party invites, DON'T USE FAKE DATES -- "October ###" would be just fine.) So Oct. 20th is as good as guess as anywhere else, but don't get your hopes up quite yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.