Tubesock anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BenHoleton, Aug 1, 2007.

1. BenHoleton macrumors regular

Hi. I recelty purchased tubesock to take files off of You Tube. Honestly, the $15 has already payed for itself. I do have a couple questions if anyone can help me

First, where does the file get stored to on my hard drive? I can't seem to find them.

Right now, they are in my "movie section" on iTunes. i would like to move them to "Music Videos" (as that's what I mainly downlaod anyway). Any way to do that? I just want to keep the movie section for full length features.

Thanks!

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Great program. I agree, it's definitely worth $15.
    The files are saved to your 'Movies' folder on your computer. As to your second question, I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else might be able to help you with that.

3. BenHoleton thread starter macrumors regular

They are not in my movies folder. I had thought that, too.

Ok, if I save it to my movie folder, it will showup there, but then it won't show in iTunes. If I save to iTunes, I do ot know where it is stored.

Ok, so i discovered I can drag to iTunes if I save it to my movie folder. However, ti still gets put in "movies"

4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

You can probably tell where the file is stored by selecting the file in iTunes... then select "Get Info" from the "File" menu.

Under the "Summary" tab, it shows the file location near the bottom.

5. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Hmm, I'm guessing that means you can change the settings in Tubesock to specify where you want it to save to. I found mine in my Movies folder, so I just assumed that's where it saves them.