TubeTV Error: Error <WTF>

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ^^ CoolMacLover, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

Ok so i downloaded TubeTV after being told it was a good one... it worked fine then now all it does is download the vid, into .flv format and wont convert it, all it says is "error" : |

Can anyone help, ive looked on the website, that was no help.

If u know a also good program that is free plz say so.
    Or a good converter, that will convert these files to files able to be viewed by ipod's and iphone :) THXS!

2. doug.hall macrumors regular

I am having the same issue too. It's worked for months now it doesn't. I've also noticed the download files that it saves are zero kbs in size. I wonder if youtube has changed something hence it no longer works?

I have also noticed that it is no longer listed on the apple store which is where I originally downloaded it from.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be interested in

3. deltrotter macrumors regular

Same here guys

Any recommended alternatives for downloading youtube vids?

Cheers

Del

4. doug.hall macrumors regular

I've started to use Mactubes. It's not as good but at least it works.

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Same problem here.....went to save something from YouTube and TubeTV wouldn't do it, just gave me an error message. Agggh! Anyone know what is going on?

6. xray9 macrumors newbie

tubetv problems

I have also encountered the sane sort of problems the rest of you chaps have been discussing .I mentioned this to one of the guys at work who is a mac user he is running tiger and has installed real player on his computer he downloaded tubetv it did work for him but instead of the movie ending up in the itune movie folder like it should it ended up in the real player app but he was able to open the file and view the movie .
    Another couple of apps that do the same thing without any problems are tube stick and tubesock. I also think that the link with safari might also be causing some problems tubetv also works with other apple web browsers like omni web and icab it might be worth giving tubetv another go using these web browsers please give this ago and let the rest of the mac world know how you go.

7. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

I've been getting that error for a few months now. I searched the web, reinstalled and then just gave up.

8. uofldoug macrumors newbie

I've had the same experience - worked fine a couple of months ago, now just get the error messafge and an empty .flv file and no .mp4 or .mov download

GetTube alos works - but contains some annoying ads on the video footer

9. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I just had the same problem using TubeTV. Then I tried MacTubes and it wouldn't download either. Was using Safari browser; perhaps the update doesn't allow these two apps. I'm going to try with Firefox.

Edit: Just tried TubeTV with Firefox and same problem. It shows a download with zero bytes in the file. When I try to open the file with Quicktime it says the file is not a movie.

10. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I've read all I can find on the TubeTV problem but nothing explains the problem and how to fix it. I just downloaded an application called Miro and it works wonderfully. Here is the link: http://www.getmiro.com/
    I downloaded the movie (MP4 format) to ipod and it plays perfectly. I love this technology--mind blowing how it all works.

11. dermonger macrumors newbie

MacTubes works awesome for me. You must be doing something funky.

12. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    MacTubes broken by Snow Leopard?

I used MacTubes in Leopard, no problem, but today when I tried to use it, no go.... I installed Snow Leopard on Launch Day, so I'm guessing it's SL that may be the problem?

TubeTV is definitely defunct; the website is now for sale.....