Tucano Magico

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by CVC, Jun 19, 2012.

1. CVC macrumors member

I was all set to order a Devicewear Union when I was in Fry's and saw this. I got grey (all they had was grey and light blue). Actually, I like the grey with my navy smart cover - I would have gotten a frost Union. The package said for the iPad 2 with a sticker saying it would fit the iPad 3 also. I was a little nervous, but it fits my iPad 3 very well.

The plastic is covered with a soft touch rubber that is fairly grippy. It has a nice feel, but we'll see how it holds up. I can see it either wearing off in places and/or being difficult to clean.

It has a magnet on the back. I have read some complaints that the magnet on the Union can pull off the shell and stay attached to the Smart Cover. That is not going to happen here. The magnet is just strong enough to hold the Smart Cover against the back. The magnet is the same color as the case - a nice touch.

It's pretty thick, if your looking for the thinnest case possible, this isn't it. Hopefully it will provide extra protection. The cutouts are well aligned, the camera is perfectly centered. The speaker is covered and there are only a few widely spaced holes for it. It looks like the sound should be muffled, but surprisingly, it sounded as loud and clear as that speaker is going to manage. My only complaint about the back is that the cutout for the Smart Cover hinge is large exposing more of the back than I think is necessary. The opening for the dock connector is wide enough for the camera connection kit.

On the front, the iPad is held in on the corners and the top, bottom and right side. The case clips just to the aluminum edge and is flush with the glass. However, the thick case plus the amount that wraps over the aluminum means a thick border around your iPad. It doesn't bother me, but I mention it because it might be an issue with some people.

Overall I like the case, but this is the fourth case I have bought, and I don't think it'll be the last. I will still try the Devicewear Union.

Attached Files:

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Thanks for the mini review. I was wondering what the grey would look like. I was in NYc and the stores didn't have any in stock. There is another review of it in black. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1172303

I've yet to get a case yet. I'm still on the fence with the Magico or the Bordo

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring