Tucano second skin for MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sinser, Dec 5, 2008.

1. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

There are a lot of different models (Elements, Guaina,..), which one is the best for the early 2008 classic MBP ? What I'm mostly concerned with is to prevent the zipper to scratch the laptop. I've also read complaints about discoloration and excessively snug fit. Some opinions ? Thanks.

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

3. sinser thread starter macrumors 6502a

sinser

Is there something to prevent the zippers from scratching ?

Also, has someone tried the Metropoli Back Uno and Zeta Pack bagpacks from Tucano ? They look nice.

http://www.tucano.it/ITA/html_esterno/new_computerbags/frame_computerbags.htm

4. Ploki macrumors 68000

[​IMG]
    this, it covers the edge completely. and its a nice plain folder

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Ploki,
    this is exactly the one I would like to buy for my unibody 15 MBP. How does it fit to the skin designed for the early 08 ?

Thanks,
    Tex

6. Ploki macrumors 68000

on the bottom i have to do some "hand aligning" but purely for cosmetics so it looks "nice". it slips in nicely and you dont have to be careful at all because the zippers are covered when the sleeve is fully opened
    its a great sleeve

and at the iStore they just told me everybody with unibodys just but these :)

7. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

ok thanks. What do you call hand aligning ?

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

They stretch a bit after use, I've never used the little flap to protect the comp from the zipper in the whole year I've had it, and I'm scratch free, it's a great buy.

The zipper bulges a bit from the laptop and never actually comes in contact with it.