Tues. and no iBook update.. wait till WWDC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jonomo, May 10, 2005.

  1. jonomo macrumors regular

    Apr 28, 2005
    Its Tuesday and I don't see an update on Apple.com... I guess we'll have to wait till WWDC... which leads me to believe that Apple might do a bit more than give the iBook a bit of a twink! Maybe colors... although I can't imagine owning a pink iBook... Just hope for a decent upgrade! and SOON! :eek:
  2. eva01 macrumors 601


    Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    pink would be great, i actually like the color and would love it. Less chance of being stolen i think being pink and all ^^
  3. iGary Guest


    May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    WWDC is usually not the place for the consumer line. Don't count on it.

    Before or after. :)
  4. wdlove macrumors P6


    Oct 20, 2002
  5. wordmunger macrumors 603


    Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Colors is as good a guess as any. There's not really any room to upgrade an iBook without impinging on powerbook territory.
  6. WolfgangK macrumors member

    Apr 13, 2005
    I also don't think WWDC is going to see an iBook update...and other than that, if there was going to be a minor update, I would have expected it to happen with the other consumer macs(eMac and iMac), or when they started shipping with Tiger.

    My guess is that the Powerbooks are standing in front of an iBook update...so unless there's a PB update, I'm not expecting one for the iBook.

    Apple has been so unpredictable lately...I see less and less reason to put all my faith in the buyer's guide. Especially as the iBook was listed as "don't buy" well before some of the recently updated Macs.

    I think Apple might squeek out all they can of the current config until fall, when a G5 PB is introduced, and/or widescreen options.

    I've been waiting since Feb. for this phantom update, and I will be buying an iBook soon regardless of what the buyer's guide says.
  7. macbaseball macrumors 6502a


    Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    I agree. There's nothing they can do with the iBook until they bump up the Powerbook's speed. Apple refuses to cross the consumer lines with the pro lines. The only thing they might do is come out with a totally new design.
  8. MacSA macrumors 68000


    Jun 4, 2003
    The Buyers Guide is of no use to buyers what so ever any more..as others have metioned Apple has become very unpredictable in it's update schedule.

    Also, don't count on the possiblity of Apple makeing major changes to the line simply because the update is a long time in coming. The recent PowerMac update got one of the worst receptions any Apple product has had in years - and buyers had to wait 10 months for it. Same with the Powerbooks in January, lots of people were expecting something big because Apple had waited so long to change it.

    There really isn't any sign that an iBook update is imminent. Changes in stock levels and delivery times are often the first sign though.
  9. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

    May 2, 2005
    La Mesa, Ca
    yup i am with you on this i am going to buy a ibook or Powerbook at the latest on June 17 (Buying a Bday present for myself lol) i refuse to wait any longer then that...

Share This Page