Tuesday Line (ATLANTA edition)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atlken77, Jul 15, 2008.

1. atlken77 macrumors member

:apple:I got my iPhone 3G today (in white natch...) @ the Lenox Mall Apple store.

Two observations:

(1) the line moved the quickest between 900am and 10am (the official opening time) where they were processing about 10 per half hour. After 10, it slowed to about half that.

(2) I got there at 0730, and was number 23 in line. There were easily 100 - 150 in line when I left at 10am. The word on street is the Lenox store is running VERY LOW (probably out now) of 16gb BLACK iPhones -- I do not have a stock update further than that, as it was just something I overheard.

So - if you see there is stock on the 9pm update - get there EARLY!

Ken
    http://web.mac.com/atlken77 :apple:

2. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

This is not fair! Why is apple stores have stock of iphones and at&t does not.

3. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

There were (as of this morning) 21 states completely sold out of iPhones. LENOX is the only apple store in GA that has stock.....

Steve Jobs wants you to buy your accessories from him, not ATT :) so he makes sure you buy your iPhone where you have access to lots of other $tuff

4. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Oh well I am just going to have to put it on back order and the apple stores in nyc does not look like they are ever going to run out. But I haven't seen anyone with the new phones.

5. medicwhite macrumors newbie

Iphones at AT&T

I stopped in the AT&T store at Merchants Walk yesterday on the way home. They still did not have iPhones and didn't know when they would. There were about 25 people in the store mostly filling out Direct Fullfillment forms. The manager told me that future shipments will go to filling these DFs before they sell them to walk ups. That is not what I had heard before, but that's what he said.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I went by Lenox about 2:00 and there probably 200 in line. Then went by Perimeter and none to be had (although the store was jam packed). With all the other Atlanta Apple stores showing no iPhone (except Lenox) and lines from hell still happening it looks like it may be time for direct fulfillment.

7. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

8. WoodwardsFriend macrumors member

As it should be.

9. utilizer macrumors regular

Anyone know if the AT&T store in the Northlake/Tucker area ran out? Last I heard from where I work in Gwinnett, Mall of GA was sold out and all surrounding AT&T stores don't expect stock until Friday afternoon.

10. atlken77 thread starter macrumors member

according to the online supplies, only LENOX had them last night. Apparently (according to the web site and signage in store) daily deliveries are expected. Not sure thats the gospel truth

11. nerd macrumors member

This is the main store I've been stalking. They are definitely out of all models. They claim they haven't received any iphones since Saturday and won't speculate on future deliveries.

12. walkman macrumors member

Thanks atlken77, you are the man! Based on your report I got to the Lenox store at 6:50am this morning and was #10 in line. I brought a folding chair and reading material.

There were about 25 people at 7:30 and 150 at 9:00 when they opened the doors.

However they only took in 3 people. They were nice, but shockingly slow and completely uninterested in speeding up the process. They let a few people who had claims checks from yesterday jump to the front of the line.

I got in the store at about 10:15 and was done with a phone company transfer and purchase of a couple of accessories at 10:45. The guy who helped me would have happily spent another hour with me teaching me how to use the phone, but he acted like he was going to need a break after all the "work".

Apple said they had enough stock for everyone.

One teenager at the front of the line sold his position for $100 to a guy who had little hope of getting in the store.

Sorry for the long-windedness. The phone is sweet. And thanks again atlken77 or I never would have known what time to show up.

13. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

You're kidding? If anyone would like me to stand in line for them so they can pay me $100 to do so simply send me a PM. I work during the week but I am paid salary and will gladly take a day off to take your money. Foolishness!

14. walkman macrumors member

Even better story, there was a black guy who came to the store to buy an accessory that said he was in line at Lennox on Friday. He got in line at 4am and had been waiting about 5 hours. The guy in front of him had to go to work and abandoned his spot. After he left, the black guy sold the spot that had been abandoned for $100. Which seems to be the going price.

15. downwardspiral macrumors newbie

The Perimeter store got shipments at approximately 11am yesterday and today. I was lucky enough be get one of the 56 16GB W they got in on Wednesday. From what heard from ppl in line, the line started as soon as they got the shipment.

16. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Only 56? I was hoping to go to the mall of georgia tomorrow, but can't get there till 2pm at the earliest. I have no chance if they only get in 56.

17. downwardspiral macrumors newbie

The Perimeter store got a bigger shipment today. I only went in to get a case but they had plenty on the counter behind the Genius Bar.

18. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...but what color was the guy that left his spot and the guy who paid a $100?

19. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I got to Perimeter at about 12:45 and there were about 50 in line. I was told by an Apple employee that they only had 8GB's and I left. Went to my AT&T store and was told that fulfillment was now 10 to 21 days. I may try Lenox tomorrow morning (if at least 3 ATL stores have stock) but I'm about ready to give up for a couple of weeks.

20. wronski macrumors 6502

I would also like to know this very relevant information.

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Because it is actually a subtle (and probably subconscious and unintended) form of prejudice. The white guy is just a normal guy but the black guy has a label and is a black guy.

22. walkman macrumors member

Oops, didn't mean to choose a limited adjective to distinguish which guy was being referred to. I guess I should have referred to him as the short, fat, bald guy with a gold tooth and lazy eye. Oh, and he had a gimpy leg. But he was well-spoken. ;)

Cheers.

p.s. The iPhone is very fun and worth the wait in line.

23. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

What I'm saying is that if the black guy had been a white guy you would have never written your post as follows.

Even better story, there was a white guy who came to the store to buy an accessory that said he was in line at Lennox on Friday. He got in line at 4am and had been waiting about 5 hours. The guy in front of him had to go to work and abandoned his spot. After he left, the white guy sold the spot that had been abandoned for $100. Which seems to be the going price.

Now it should be much easer for you to see.;)

24. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Give Lenox a try this morning and it looked to be at least 100 or more in line before 9:00AM. Guess I'm going to give it a week or two before trying again. Maybe I'll even come to my senses and keep my 1st gen iPhone.

25. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

What time did the store open? 10am or earlier?