Tuesday, October 20, 2009? and other questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by katyoshi, Oct 18, 2009.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Its funny because that is when, as a new AT&T subscriber, my new iPhone 3GS is coming in from Toronto, Canada to Oakland, California and finally to Honolulu, Hawaii. DAM! Is it that much in demand in this nation?

So. Can we be speculating correctly that October 20 is "D-Day"?
    New iMacs, macbooks, and mac minis?

I've seen so much of other peoples set-ups on flickr and most of them have a MBP and iMac and some of them have more than these two computers. For my basic tasks as a graduate student, I am looking into the mac mini since I have the ACD and apple peripherals. Someone already asked me why do I need another mac and that if I am worried about wear and tear on my MBP, I shouldn't be because applecare should cover it which I already have applecare. I also have mobileme. Who has a 15" 2.66 GHz MBP (mid-2009) and a mac mini connected to a 24" ACD with apple bluetooth keyboard/mighty mouse? If you do, how do you like that concept of having two macs, desktop and laptop? Difficult to manage? Is an iMac a better fit for most people as a desktop as you could then use these apple peripherals for the MBP?

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    You can speculate that, my crystal ball is in the shop... :p :)

3. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

Gee, I think I've spent more time around the internet looking for the new macs coming up. I am constantly wondering around these forums for Truth. haha :p I've never been so into technology before until July 2009 when i got my first mac, a MBP. I have a problem and must stop myself from staying on the internet too much than studying for my midterm this wednesday!

4. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

the real question is... where are the new 20 and 30 inch displays?