Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by peejack, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peejack macrumors 6502a

Yep i've got a feeling about this Tuesday.

My dog told me she heard it while she was out walking in the park :)

OH COOOOOOOOOOOME ON! APPLE!!!, this is killing me here :(:(:(

2. ideasman69 macrumors member

ideasman69

not going to happen. prepare your self for a January release.

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

we shall see...but i don't think anything will happen...prepare for Macworld O8';)

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

You know that it's not going to come out at Macworld. They don't do simple updates at conferences.

5. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

Sure they do...

And when they do, they have plenty to talk about (new chips/chipsets, GPU's, etc). They don't need to/aren't going to center the entire MacWorld around the MP. That doesn't mean that they won't spend five minutes to intro the upgrade.

6. Matt342 macrumors regular

Macworld is a consumer conference. They don't wanna introduce a computer that costs >= $2,500 and monitors that cost >= $500 (considering that they will be touch-screen), when you can buy a 20" Dell for $280. What will people think of Apple charging $2,500 for their cheapest computer with desktop parts? And anything Apple announces at a big conference like Macworld, always ends up in the news.

HP will also be selling Penryn-based by then. Does Apple really want HP ahead? After-all, Apple did buy out the top-of-the-line Xeon's which means they should get them first.

7. Rowlander macrumors member

Are there going to be two new threads about gut-feelings and wishful thinking about the new mac pro every week until macworld? Would be nice if you actually had at least something to say about the subject if you have to start a new thread.

8. MacCoaster macrumors 6502a

MacCoaster

Washington, DC / Rochester, NY / Lexington, NC
    Oh god. Not this again. Just because MacWorld is a consumer conference doesn't mean they don't introduce Pro stuff. Xserve G5, older Power Macs have been introduced at MacWorlds.

You guys really need to get a life. :p

9. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Macworld won't be about the Mac Pro, and I very much doubt Apple would be holding it back if it was ready to go now for Macworld, but if they aren't going to be getting components in the quanities they need by late December then they will wait for Macworld (why wouldn't they?) and the Pro will probably get a small section of time. The more products they show off the better.

If that rumour is true that may well be why we won't see the Mac Pro until January. Intel may not be able to get enough of the top of the line (read: 1600MHz) processors made. Intel are apparently supplying 40 OEMs with penryn processors for servers and workstaions, very few seem to have announced products or are shipping them. I doubt Apple is concerned too much about the competition in regards to getting systems out.

10. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

Umm, it doesn't really say much that you are commenting on it either. I have no life, but I've at least accepted it.:p I think we are all here for the same reason. We want it NOW!

11. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. Matt342 macrumors regular

Those processors have a 1333mhz fsb. Apple will be using the 1600mhz ones.

13. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

We assume they will use the 1600mhz ones. They may only use it in the top end model.

14. KevinPlusPlus macrumors member

I don't think we actually know that for 100% sure, do we?

15. Masher500 macrumors member

Masher500

16. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

No, but it seems likely at this point.

17. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, I wanted it last Tuesday. :p ;) :D

18. psingh01 macrumors 65816

You are right! No Mac Pro updates until WWDC :D

19. Matt342 macrumors regular

The shipping on the 8-core Mac Pro on Amazon just changed to 3-5 weeks.

20. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

Apple Store is still the same. Nothing to see here.

21. Matt342 macrumors regular

The Apple Store has 8-core Mac Pro's in stock, Amazon doesn't.

22. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Hopefully we won't have to wait until MacWorld. Personally, I think the new Mac Pro will come this month. If not, then they might as well wait for MW.

23. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Who says they are going to be touch screen (since they're not)?

24. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Can we please stop with the "OMG It's This Tuesday!" or "My best friend's, friend of a friend that's a buddy to a guy that's dating a person that's on the janitor staff at Apple said that...."

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a sour person but it's really getting ridiculous.

No offense to those that are waiting but constantly posting new threads fifteen times a day will not make Apple release a Mac Pro any sooner nor does it help calm others that write these threads.

I miss coming to this forum and actually reading about people's problems and helping them solve their problems. Or their happiness on getting a new Mac and what they plan to do with it.

I understand that everything inside the Mac Pro is outdated by a year. I understand that the video card is over priced and based on a 2006 price.

The point is.... We've heard and read and thought about it so why add another post to the already hundreds that already say the same **** thing!

~Crawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.