Tunein radio pro gone from app store.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tonyr6, Jan 22, 2012.

1. tonyr6, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

tonyr6 macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Google is useless. Nothing on why it was pulled just links to the app store which give me a request not found

My favorite radio app is gone from the app store. It it even gone from the previous purchased tab

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Have you even considered that the app developer may have pulled the app themselves?

Whatsapp was removed last week by the developer and a new version came several days later. Don't always blame Apple considering that you can't even find a reason.

3. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

4. twitch88 macrumors newbie

twitch88

That suck!

It's times like this that I'm glad I'm running android. Tunein is better than having satellite radio, and it's free

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That is a blow....My favourite radio app too. It was updated not that long back, I wonder if this is a legal issue....You could listen to Police and aircraft frequencies on it too.

I hope it's temporary, I can't think of another radio app as good, and I tried quite a few prior to getting TuneIn.

6. Scooby4355 macrumors newbie

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Yep, still works on my phone and iPad too....This must be a USA legal thing I reckon, it must be one of the most successful apps around. Phew, had me worried there for a minute.

8. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I just hope the developer did not pull it just to release it again as a new app and charge for it again. That happened to a few apps I purchased. If it is a legal version then why is the free version still available. Like I said Google is useless in finding any information about this.

9. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

Google now has something about it. It might have been pulled because it records and Apple does not like that.

Apple TOS policy is really ticking me off lately. They pull more apps then they approve. If they approve a app in the first place then a couple of months later they don't like something about it and pull it. No wonder Android users are growing with the dictatorship Apple.

10. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I wish you could get CBS radio stations on it again. It was by far my most used app before CBS blocked their stations. I found a work around for some statations by entering a custom URL, but it does not work for every station.

Either way, this is weird. Especially since the free version is available. But my guess is what was said before: new version that people will have to pay for again, even if they have bought the original pro version.

----------

That is crazy if that is the reason. I used to use an app called Pocket Tunes several years ago that allowed recording, and I think that apps is still available.

11. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

I am just assuming. We won't know until there is a official statement from Apple and TuneIn.

12. tonyr6 thread starter macrumors 65816

tonyr6

It's back in the app store again the same version. Maybe it was pulled by accident. Just glad it's back.

13. YoFromPhilly macrumors newbie

YoFromPhilly

TuneIn Radio

Decent app for iPhone..1000 of stations worldwide, police scanners, weather radio. AND recordable. :)

iPad has a very nice interface, includes a GoogleMap with pins on cities/towns and nearby stations.

I downloaded the "pro" yesterday. There are quite a few stations listed that are "Restricted by the broadcaster." (aka, no stream available)