TunTap Driver - Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by RB777, Nov 2, 2013.

1. RB777 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

First of all, I am a newby on the forum. Been reading MacRumors for years but only decided to register today as I am afraid my system is affected by installing TunTap driver...

Having performed a clean install of OSX 10.9 only two days ago on my MBA (2011) I was very pleased.
    As I am travelling a lot for work and the next few months a lot in Asia I thought I try a VPN service.

Signed up to HideMyAss VPN, installed client and was required to install TunTap to enable Open VPN.

The VPN connection is working however in general my system has become slow and hangs. Terrible...
    I have decided to apply for a refund under the 30 day money back and uninstall the client. I also followed instructions on http://tuntaposx.sourceforge.net/faq.xhtml on how to uninstall the TunTap driver but I cannot find the files mentioned in Library folder.

I am really hoping someone is able to help me out here as it doesn't feel good to have this driver running somewhere on my clean system and don't fancy another clean install.

Thanks in advance

2. RB777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Issue resolved. Received answer directly from developer.

Thanks

3. stefanradev macrumors newbie

TunTap drivers

Can you help me with suggestion how can I remove TunTap from Mavericks?

Thank you in advance!
    :)