Turbo Sim Acting Up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by applefool, Apr 1, 2009.

1. applefool macrumors member

applefool

I updated my phone after a jailbreak went arye and was forced to buy a turbo sim to use my iphone w/ tmobile. I haven't heard of any new firmware that can help unlock 2.30.03 or I would just use that instead of this damn turbo sim.

This turbo sim always loses signal though. Its a huge pain. If I walk into any sturdy establishment, like lowes hardware or my favorite bar, I lose all my bars and then I lose signal with T-Mobile altogether. The only way to re-establish connection after that point is to dig up my paper clip and eject/insert the sim over and over until it picks reception back up. And even after that I have to re update my cellular data network to pick edge up again. And lately I have even had to re activate the edge network from a different t-mobile phone just to get back on edge; and edge is crucial to my work so I have to have it at all times.

I dunno. I kinda think this problem is my own and that the likelihood anyone else out there is going through this same thing is slim. But if anyone could offer advice I would really appreciate it. This is driving me up the wall. And I'm losing business.

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

They're not known to be high quality.

I'd just wait for yellowsn0w to be updated :eek:

3. Snoopy67 macrumors member

Which turbo sim card is it?

I've got a "Gevey plus 2", and it doesn't work either.
    (But this might be because I'm on a discount network..)

Regards,
    Gabriel.

4. applefool thread starter macrumors member

applefool

5. Snoopy67 macrumors member

Well, in my case it's congstar in Germany, which kind of t-mobile for the poor ;-) [they are a subsidiary of T-mobile, and they use, of course, their network, but have much cheaper prices .... that's what I meant]