TurboSim/Magicsim etc...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HeatherA, Apr 6, 2009.

1. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Can anyone give me some feedback on using these sims for unlocking? We're going to be getting our iPhones this week and I'm pretty sure that they'll come with the newer baseband that won't allow us to unlock without using one of these.

Before I order one, for each of our phones, I'd like to hear about experiences using them to access T-Mobile.

Thanks in advance!

-Heather

2. bk120 macrumors newbie

I have a turbosim, I used it to unlock my iphone with the 2.30 baseband. Make sure it will work for that I went into a store to buy one and it didnt work, but then I tried a different store and it worked so I suggest trying it out first before purchasing it. Luckily for me I live in nyc home of the bootleggers so I could find it anywhere.

3. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

No one else has any comments on this? Does that mean using one is not a good idea? I just don't want to do anything that could possibly damage my phone.

Thanks for any feedback.

4. neil1980 macrumors 6502

I got one off ebay...

not only was it a mission to get it to physically fit it didn't actually work anyway :(

wasn't too bothered in the end so didn't persevere with it.

5. vadim macrumors newbie

why not ? I have magicsim in my iphone.works very well! I love it :D

6. techage14 macrumors regular

techage14

I just ordered a i-Smartsim 3G unlock sim from eBay. So, once I receive it, I'll test it out on my iPhone 3G and post the results here on this thread. I'm also going to use it on T-Mobile's Sidekick $1 a day unlimited txt/data prepaid plan. Apparently, other people who purchased this same exact one for their iPhone 3Gs had no problem setting it up and the seller got positive feedback for selling these. So, I'm hoping it wil work for my phone. :D

7. streetshark macrumors newbie

i would highly not recommend turbosim...since my gf has had it, she doesnt have service...throughout the day...she'll probably have a few hours at the most of service. its no exaggeration.

8. karen008 macrumors newbie

I never use turbosim. but I have a magicsim for my iphone. it works very good !

9. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

I've had the best experience with (brand name!) RebelSIMs.

10. polocanada macrumors newbie

MagicSIM worked well with GSM voice but problems with 3G

Got latest version of MagicSim 23thA. GSM voice works fine, EGSM as well, but UMTS / 3G gives problems. I am loosing connection. It just goes away when startin using 3G. Even when doing phone call and starting internet etc it disconnects completely (shows "no network error"). When expplictly selected GSM/EGSM then there is no problem. Not sure whether it has to do with fact that Rogers in Canada is running now 3.5G in my area. So I can't speak for MagicSim as 100% working. But it did always a good job with Voice GSM before.

11. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

Sorry for opening up this old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.

Has anyone recently purchased and used the newer Magicsim Elite? If so any pros/cons? I'm interested in ordering this, but wanted to see if people have had good experiences with this.

Thanks!