TurboTax 2015 issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maflynn, Jan 18, 2016.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm getting an odd issue with the latest version of TurboTax. Note the prior version works fine.

The problem is after dragging it from the DMG to the application's folder, I get this error. If I drag it to my ~/Applications folder it works. I checked the permissions and it seems ok. I don't have any problems running any other app out of the /Applications folder.

I'd rather put it with my other apps, and not in the ~/Applications which was created seemingly when I installed Chrome.

Any suggestions of what it could be?

Btw, my security preference in the system preferences is set to run all apps. I though that it might have been that setting but its not.
    CoreServicesUIAgent.png

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I didn't have an issue, but I think the installer DMG had a link to an article because "Apple changed the way they allow software installs" - but I can't find the article link any more....did find this on their site:

Try this if you have an issue....
    Change a security setting temporarily:

From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General.
    Then select "Anywhere" under "Allow applications downloaded from" (if unable to select it, click the lock icon and enter your admin password).

Once it opens and is running, you can put the security setting back to a higher setting like you want it.

There is also this:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...-for-turbotax-users/#2715e4857a0b3528cd472bbc

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, it did, and that was to change the security preference pane to allow all downloaded apps to run, which I already had enabled.

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Hmmm...sorry, can't help then except to offer a datapoint that it works in my /Applications folder. I am running 10.10.5 if that makes any difference.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have TurboTax Premier 2015 running from the /Applications folder with no issues. I just drag and dropped from the DMG like you did. Odd.

Is your /Applications folder like mine for permissions (I believe default)?

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 11.26.27 AM.png

I have Gatekeeper set to "Mac App Store and identified developers". The first time I launched TT I right clicked and selected open then had to click the "okay" Gatekeeper warning and it has been fine ever since.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

Anything appear in Console when this happens?