Turing off SMS Preview SBSetting

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lorax3, Oct 15, 2010.

1. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Is there anyway to turn off SMS Preview via SBSettings toggle?

I am aware that Bite has such ability, but am currently sticking to stock SMS App + Quick Reply. Lockdown Pro can lockdown the SMS app, but the preview still shows up.

Might have to just write one....

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I know Popup Blocker used to do this, but I'm not sure if it was ever kept up to date. Of course that would probably block all popups including push notifications and calendar popups.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Settings/message/show preview On/Off doesnt work?

4. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

Sure it does, but really just want an SBSettings Toggle. I should have been more clear in the OP.

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

What applejuice said, plus you can have bite installed using it's feature but only use native app plus quickreply.

6. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Well if that's the case then I haven't seen a toggle to to sms preview off via sbsettings.

7. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

Oh really? Never thought of that. I might run into some overlapping issues, but QR is buggy enough as it is. :p

So install Bite + Toggle, keep native SMS app as default, hide Bite SMS. Seems like that would work?

Not familiar enough with Bite, does it prompt you as to which app you want to use as default? Bite/Native?

8. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Bite has an option in it's setting to replace native app as much as possible. Make sure it's turned off. I haven't had any problems with QR. 100% stable here.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    I dont think there is a toggle for the native preview on/off but shouldnt be hard to make one for sbsettings.
    Hope someone looks into it in the future.

10. lorax3 thread starter macrumors regular

lorax3

Thanks for the tip! As far as QR goes, I noticed if I hit 'done (in a quickreply) + home button' at the same time it crashes. Might reinstall and see, doesn't bother me too much.

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

That might cause a crash, not sure never had a reason to hit both at the same time but it sounds easy enough to avoid...lol