Turn-by-turn directions and bluetooth...

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Irock619, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

in my truck would not work. I have the Ford Sync and the directions would not come through my truck speakers. Siri works great with bluetooth, but for some reason the maps app will not work unless I turn off bluetooth or change the audio source to phone rather than bluetooth. Has anybody experienced this yet?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I wouldn't hold out much hope for this to work. Ford Sync is a Microsoft application and Ford was not among the auto makers listed to have any kind of Siri integration; steering wheel integration or otherwise.

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Siri will work with sync, however you have to activate siri with the phone by holding the home button.

4. baronbuzby macrumors regular

baronbuzby

Exactly the same in my Mini. If you are streaming audio via bluetooth, it should work ok.

5. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Music plays fine, but directions in the maps app doesn't.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Okay, good to know. :)

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I have a Toyota and I have no problems at all with the navigation audio, siri or music through bluetooth.

8. Monkeysweat macrumors newbie

I have the same problem on a 2011 caravan. Seems as though the voice prompt for Siri works great. However on the maps app it doesn't activate over uconnect and have directions come over the stereo instead I get nothin. I have to turn off blutooth to have it come out the speakerphone. In my other vehicle with no blutooth and just a headphone input it works perfectly in conjunction with playing music.

I hope they either fix the blutooth issue or make an option to have directions come out the phones speaker