Turn-By-Turn Going to be Subscription only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Jun 17, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

I recently found an app called gokivo, but the description tells you it has tbt and works great and yada yada but what they fail to mention is how you have to pay by the minute of use or by a monthly subscription. Go find it and read the reviews everyone hates it! do you think the developers who make tbt gps apps use the in app purchases to their advantage and charge for every little thing in the app? have you heard of any other tbt gps app thats on the way? i know about g-map east and west.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I don't think the tom tom will be... but we will find out soon!

keep an eye here http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

thats the App Store Forum for Macrumors

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Just because one Turn-by-Turn app has a subscription model doesn't mean they'll all be like that.

4. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

Ugh, I swear, can you people just not learn how to read a freaking map???? I mean, REALLY!?!?! what is the BIG DEAL about "turn by turn"? Look at the map, see where are, follow the line... If you can't tell which way you're traveling and whether you need to turn left or right to stay on the line, you're obviously not smart enough to be driving in the first place!

5. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

It is one of those things where once you get used to it, you can never go back. Kind of like iPhone, e-mail, laptop, etc. No one really needs them, but they are so much better than their counter parts.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I've had turn by turn as an actual GPS system in cars before, and I still don't mind the maps feature.

I guess it's because I'm a very visual person, and can actually picture me coming up on that road, and see where to turn.

7. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

i'm just saying, it's not like you can't navigate your way around without "turn by turn nav".... I found my way around indianapolis last year for the MotoGP races using nothing by my iPhone and I didn't get lost a single time, even though I stayed a good 45 minute drive from the track, and hit a bunch of other places around the city that weekend....

8. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Good for you. Obviously you have never owned a Garmin or TomTom or Magellan.

Why do text when you can call and chat with your voice? Why do VoiceDial when you can dial with your hands? Why order pizza online when you can call and order via phone?

I guess you are obviously not smart enough to understand consumer/human behavior.

9. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

i do use a map i have the latest map in my car and i really never use my maps unless i have no idea where i am, the whole topic of this thread was just about saying do you think a lot of the apps will be like that