Turn by turn In Australia

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lomby, Aug 23, 2012.

1. lomby macrumors regular

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if Siri turn by turn navigation is available in Australia? There is no mention of it on the website, but I still have some hope of it included.

Thanks all :)

2. applehippy macrumors newbie

from what i know, yes it will be. also local search will be on there so u can ask siri for restaurants near by ect... :cool:

3. wharzhee macrumors 6502

was on holiday over there, rented a vehicle, i thought i could use it. but it doesnt work there as of yet.

4. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

isnt working in NZ,
    but local search is.

so not sure whats happenng with that

local search is amazing

5. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

No spoken turn by turn, but if you hit the directions button after you click start, it will update as you go.

6. lomby thread starter macrumors regular

Did you like it over here? Thats a shame, as i am on my L's i was excited to be a ble to use it :( ohh well :/

----------

Do you ever think there will be a chance of it coming to Australia?

----------

That should have been there since the start of the 4S in Australia, i love siri and all but that should have been there in the first place. Apple you rarely let me down, but these are one of those occasions... :(

7. Bonestle macrumors member

Bonestle

I certainly hope we do get turn-by-turn navigation here eventually despite the feature having been removed from the Aussie website. It's the first thing I've been checking when each update has been released. Next update perhaps?

Local search has improved so much; hopefully we will get movies, sport, reservations and all the rest before too long.

8. wharzhee macrumors 6502

Well, it was kind of interesting. I drove between Sydney and Melbourne. Not sure if you're there, but I saw this interesting billboard or warning sign or whatever telling one not to bring in fruits due to fruit fly. Really? is Victoria fruitfly-free?.

btw, what's "L's"?

9. Bonestle macrumors member

Bonestle

Being on your "L's" refers to your driving Learners permit. You get to display a big 'L' on the front and back of your car, plus certain speed and passenger restrictions depending on the state.

I think Victoria would like to be fruit-fly-free (say that five times fast) and possibly it is. I haven't lived there in several years but I do remember the signs when driving from state to state. Fruit production is a big business and they do their best to protect it.

10. lomby thread starter macrumors regular

thats a good way of explaining it :)