Turn down brightness on the new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by paetrick, Aug 14, 2007.

1. paetrick macrumors regular

Hi guys, have ordered a new iMac and wondring, is it possible to turn down brightness ?, My eyes can't handle bright screens very good :p (when surfing and reading).

2. BennyK macrumors 6502

Sure is! Either do it with the function keys on the top left of your keyboard or go into the display settings.

I would be more specific but my iMac is not infront of me right now :) (wish it were though!)

3. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

4. Tyr. macrumors member

You can and you will probably have to. I've got the 24" and I've turned down the brightness for the first time in my life. The thing is so bright you could go snowblind if you set a white background, you won't get S.A.D. though :)

5. SwitcherRH macrumors newbie

6. SwitcherRH macrumors newbie

brightness

There is an application from www.charcoaldesign.co.uk called 'shades' that should make the screen less bright if it is still too bright in its lowest setting. I also have problem with too bright screens. I am windows-pc user considering an imac 24 when leopard is available. So I can not try the program yet. Anyone any experience? Will it work with leopard?

7. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Anyone know anything like this that works in Windows (under boot camp)? I have googled for this without luck.