Turn down iMac in boot camp

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacHiavelli, Jan 21, 2008.

1. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Have just got an iMac and am running boot camp - XP Pro. I've turned down the brightness with the boot camp software controller, but the screen is way too bright still. Any other way in XP/boot camp to turn the thing down more (other than sunglasses)? I've googled sans luck.

Thanks

2. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

on my mbp the brightness buttons work in xp...

3. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Many thanks

The XP buttons work okay - but even on the lowest setting, I still feel like I am staring at the sun. Wondered if anyone had an idea to go beyond the settings offered by the buttons ;-)

Thanks

4. daveperk macrumors newbie

when I"m in XP on my Imac, there's an icon in the bottom right menu bar for brightness.

5. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

The boot camp control panel? Have tried that at its lowest. Would still like to go lower.

But thanks for the tip.

6. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Not sure that this will help but have you tried changing Desktop Themes?

It's be a few years since I fired up any Windows version but I do recall some Themes were more subdues than others.

7. dbam987 macrumors regular

You could open up the ATI control panel and look for additional brightness settings there. One setting that comes to mind is the Gamma setting, which you'll find in the ATI control panel.

MBP's have NVidia cards in them but the process is similar. just go to the NVidia control panel and look for brightness/gamma settings there.

Hope that helps!

8. MacBook MH macrumors member

Just right click the desktop on Win. Go>Screensaver>Power and set that monitor turns down in like 2 min of inactivity (if you want u can choose other). Harddrive>never
    Standby>never
    Thats it, thats the easiest method :D