Turn down Youtube's Quality?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alankmc, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Alankmc macrumors newbie

Well, my Internet connection sucks, so it takes a very long time to load videos on YouTube. I really don't mind watching them on low quality, I just want them to load faster. But neither the YouTube App or the browser have quality options (that I know of, at least). Anyone have any suggestions?

2. TheKnowledgeGuy macrumors member

TheKnowledgeGuy

I reckon something...

I reckon it wouldn't make a difference. There are not currently any options to change the quality, just on improperly-sized videos you can fit the screen or rotate your device. I don't know if there is something special of you jailbreak...

BUT WAIT--THERE'S MORE! :p If you go to YouTube.com, the touch version has been revamped a bit of awhile ago, and it now has a toggling button to flip on and off HQ...try that. It should be red or white, depending on whether it is toggled or not, I think.

3. snowman1 macrumors regular

My internet is slow too! Haha. :]

Like the previous poster said, you CAN control the quality of the videos if you go to youtube.com through safari. When you go to a video, you'll see the video itself and if you scroll down you'll see "HQ"...when it is red, that means it is high quality. When it is gray (unpressed), it means it is low quality.