Turn Iphone website into app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skinnyzaz, Feb 12, 2010.

1. skinnyzaz macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or know of any guides to change a website into and iphone app that can be used on jailbroke iphones?

The site i want to change into an app is http://iphone.skinns.ca but I dont have a lot of experience in this area.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

if you open it up in safari, click the plus button, then click add to homescreen, you have a bookmark on your homescreen where all your apps are, that is pretty much an app. really easy.

3. bstpierre macrumors 6502

You might get a better answer if you post this in the iPhone Programming forum. I doubt those guys spend much time in this forum.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

this has nothing to do with programming. i answered it already. its an easy thing to do. he already has the correct answer.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No he doesnt.
    It has everything to do with programming, it has to be coded to an iphone application.
    He didnt ask how to make a shortcut of a website to his homescreen.
    He wants to turn his webapp into an app for jailbroken iphones.

6. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

it turns into an iphone app when you bookmark it. it doesnt have any search or address bars, back, forward, stop, refresh buttons, or even safari navigation bars! its a mobile website and is a web app. it has nothing to do with programming since theres no need to. ive been using this site as a bookmark since the guy who found it announced it on macrumors.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah ok....
    It doesnt turn into an iphone app at all. All it does is a bookmark that opens up safari and links to that website genious.
    Thats not what the poster is asking, anyone can create a shortcut to the homescreen.

8. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Basically answers this thread question, OP.

9. milani macrumors 68000

milani

If I understand him correctly he just wants a basic app skin that will simply load the web page. Of course, it makes no sense to do this when some simple CSS and XHTML could do the trick, including killing the chrome parts of the Safari window, and changing the top bar (where the time is displayed) to black to mimic an iPhone app. About the only benefit of having a web app load from within a real app would be that you would be able to exploit the iTunes marketplace to potentially great effect.