Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone4UK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Just like with Blackberry is there a JB app which will make it flash with a message?
could in chance colour, i guess not on the second bit?

omizzle

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009
Just like with Blackberry is there a JB app which will make it flash with a message?
could in chance colour, i guess not on the second bit?

they prob wouldnt be able to make it change color, but it would be cool if it would flash with notifications.

that would probably dominate your battery though

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
they prob wouldnt be able to make it change color, but it would be cool if it would flash with notifications.

that would probably dominate your battery though

It wouldn't do anything to the battery. It's an LED

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
I have a few thoughts on something like this but I'm not a programmer really. It would be cool to have it flash and an interval and use the gyroscope/accelerometers to determine what positions you want it to be active in (eg: laying face down it would be active, but no point in having it on/flashing when laying on it's back.) or if you wanted it active only if it's laying still. Maybe if notifier gets updated and reminders start to work it could be added to a program like that (and a vibrate only reminder!!)

iPhone4UK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I have a few thoughts on something like this but I'm not a programmer really. It would be cool to have it flash and an interval and use the gyroscope/accelerometers to determine what positions you want it to be active in (eg: laying face down it would be active, but no point in having it on/flashing when laying on it's back.) or if you wanted it active only if it's laying still. Maybe if notifier gets updated and reminders start to work it could be added to a program like that (and a vibrate only reminder!!)

sounds perfect but i can not code! :(

wwrgsww

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
The LED is not a color changing LED.

so no color. however, im sure its possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.